Chicago IL – A home owner thinking of a short sale recently asked us why they should short sale versus just walking away and letting their lender foreclose on the home. We gave them the normal answer: “It’s much better for your credit.”
That was the first thing that popped into our head. But, I knew there are more benefits to a home owner than simply better credit. So I put together the entire list and here they are.
1. The upside down debt is erased in most cases. If you are selling because of a financial hardship, then the upside down debt will be automatically erased in most cases. Is your loan is owned or insured by the following agencies: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and or VA? If you are short selling because of a financial hardship, their policies state that your debt will be erased.
2. You are eligible to buy another home much sooner compared to a foreclosure. The most common loan program, Fannie Mae, stipulates that you can buy another home under their program in 2 years. FHA, a popular low down payment loan program stipulates that you can qualify for an FHA loan within 3 years.
3. No Cost To You. That is right. A short sale costs you nothing. All of the expenses are paid for by your lender. That includes the title insurance, any county taxes or fees on the sale, attorney fees, and the Real Estate Agent. If the lender foreclosed on the house and then tried to sell it, they would have to pay all the costs. So why not pay the costs with a short sale?
4. Your credit suffers less damage. Most people think that a short sale will be the kiss of death to their credit. That is the one big advantage of a short sale over a foreclosure.
Upon completion of the short sale, your credit score will drop between 50 and 100 points. However it will rebound fairly quickly. The other benefit is that you will have less debt. (A lot of debt hurts your credit score.) You will have a lower debt to income ratio, which will boost your credit.
In a couple of years your credit will be back to normal and you can buy another home. In addition, anything and everything bad on your credit can be fixed thru the dispute process.
5. You can often rent a comparable house for less than your former mortgage payment. In one example, a homeowner in foreclosure found a larger home. It even had a fenced backyard for their kid and a garage. Their prior mortgage payment was $1,500. They rented the nicer, bigger house for $850 a month.
6. You avoid the humiliation of a foreclosure.
7. You don’t have to pay rent during the short sale process. A short sale can take up to 6 or 9 months. Not all of them do. But, some do. If you aren’t concerned about your credit, then you can stop making your mortgage payments during the short sale. You can use the savings for the deposit on a rental.
Thinking about a short sale? I can help you short sale your property and never pay the bank another penny. Send me an e-mail at email@example.com. I will contact you for a free consultation.
When we talk, I will explain how the process works in detail and answer any questions you may have. Or, if you prefer, you can call me at (312) 953-6725
Discover how other sellers successfully completed a short sale and request a free consultation by clicking here.
Remember to visit my new Chicago short sale blog at www.ShortSaleSuperMan.com
Thinking about a loan modification? Our Chicago loan modification kit has the instructions you will need to get a loan modification approved with your bank. Click here to request a copy.
Thanks for reading this, Phil Buoscio.
Phil is a Real Estate Agent at http://shortsaleagentadvocate.com/. Chicago Short Sales Realtor:
Phone: (312) 953-6725. firstname.lastname@example.org.
View My homes for sale at www.BetterLivingRealty.com.
Phil Buoscio, is a broker with Better Living Realty he leads the sales team “Phil Buoscio Team” and specializes in short sales in Chicago Illinois. Chicago Loan Modification Help can be referred to you. We don’t do loan modifications ourselves but we work with those who do.
We know Chicago Short Sales. I am a Chicago Short Sale Realtor. Chicagoland Short Sale Realtor. Chicago IL Short Sales. Chicago Realtor. We do business in Pilsen. McKinley Park. Bridgeport. Wicker Park. West Town. Ukranian Village. Lincoln Park. Near North. River North. East Village. Logan Square. Uptown. Edison Park. Portage Park. Hermosa. Lincoln Park, South Loop, West Loop. Bronzeville. Hyde Park. Kenwood. Oak Park. Brookfield. Cicero. Berwyn. Evanston. LaGrange. LaGrange Park. Riverside. We sell condos, single family homes, lots, land, multi units, two flats, three flats, etc.
Copyright 2010 SFI Marketing Institute, LLC. All Rights Reserved. This is not intended as legal, technical, or tax advice. Please speak with a licensed professional before making any decision. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed as of the date of writing. The views expressed here are Phil Buoscio’s personal views and do not reflect the views of http://shortsaleagentadvocate.com/.
This information on Seven Ways You Benefit From A Chicago Short Sale is provided as a courtesy to our viewers to help them make informed decisions.